One of the biggest mistakes you can make in preparing for yacht week is overpacking. It’s not just you, it’s everyone’s first mistake. Carry-on bags only! (No hard sided luggage allowed in order to keep the yachts in perfect condition.)
Everyone always thinks they need ALL the things but trust me, you’re going to wear a bathing suit at least 75% of the time and the rest should be costumes and fun outfits.
Here are a few ideas for GEAR you might not be thinking of:Power Inverter/Charger – MOST IMPORTANT – probably only need 2-3 per boat so talk to your buddiesWet Bag – swimsuit not dry? no sweat!
Dry Bag – cell phone, wallet, etc
Or cell phone dry bag
Battery charger portable
Quick Dry Microfiber towel
Fun costume stuff – captain’s hats etc
CLOTHING (just in case you need it spelled out)
- Sandals and tennis shoes, exclusively. You do not need heels, EVER. Flat sandals take up no space but you might actually want real shoes for the scooter rides and island activities.
- Lots of bathing suits. I brought 5 suits, and wore them all — some twice. Bathing suits are small and don’t take up much space, so don’t hold yourself back! Bring one for each day if you want!
- Cover ups. You only need 2-3. They take up more room and often you’re just hanging in the water without them.
- Tanks and tees. It’s going to be hot so the less sleeves the better but you might want a tee for sharing a cabin with someone at night.
- Dresses. Everywhere is super chill. You only need a few casual ones if you prefer dresses, otherwise shorts and tanks are just fine!
- Themed clothes. WHITE PARTY/Riviera chic – wear something you’d wear to a preppy theme, country club theme, etc. White/light colors, stripes, bows, you name it. The preppier the better. Google “yacht week riviera chic” for more photos. Same with Retro Hawaiian, most people just wore ANYTHING Hawaiian looking – pineapples, palm trees, you name it. Everything goes.
- You don’t need jewelry unless it compliments your COSTUME.
- Undies – you’ll wear more than you think because you .might change twice a day.
- Don’t forget your meds – anything you .need for hangovers, motion sickness, or any everyday need!
Overall, think less is more. If you have questions, let us know!