There are so many reasons why people are traveling and living in vans more often these days. A sense of adventure is required and the ability to live in a small space. However, it offers an incredible amount of freedom. We’ve had our houses on wheels for several years and we’ve loved the minimalistic living and ability to move around as much as possible. Now, we’re finding ourselves seeking the same kind of freedom while traveling. Traveling in a van there are no hotel reservations required, you don’t have to make ANY plans, and you can travel to almost anywhere with no regard for flights or trains or other transportation needed to get there. If you’re not yet sold, here are our top 6 reasons to travel in a campervan.
- Price – A campervan trip is easily one of the most affordable ways to travel. Everything you need is inside your moving home, and you do not have to book a hotel room, pay for meals out in restaurants, and you won’t need to worry about getting taxis or buses.
- Waking up in Nature – There is nothing better than finding the perfect spot, spending the night, and waking up surrounded by beautiful mountains or crashing waves. You can park almost anywhere so the outdoors is your oyster!
- Community – People who live and travel in vans love being outside and love sharing stories. Since your space inside is small, most people hang out outside in van parks and it’s so fun to share a beer, swap travel memories, and make new friends.
- Rest ANYTIME – When you’re traveling in a van, there’s no limitations on when you have to leave. This is perfect if you enjoy moving slowly because you can take the time out to have a bit more relaxation, without missing out on your trip. If you’re on a drive and you feel tired, just pull over and take a nap in the back!
- Freedom – With every trip, one of the most important aspects is accommodation. Hotels and hostels always lock you into dates and locations and it becomes quite inflexible. While traveling in a campervan, you can park and sleep almost anywhere and stop off and change your destination whenever you please. The type of views you can get from a van blow hotels out the park.
- No packing and unpacking required – Once you get settled in the van, you never have to pack and unpack when you move from city to city. No checking in and out of hotels and moving your bags. Everything just stays put as you adventure around a country!
If you’re interested in van travel but don’t know where to start, we are offering three van trips this year to Hawaii, Australia, and New Zealand! We’d love to have you join us but if you need tips for anywhere else, reach out to [email protected] We’re travel experts and full time RV lifers!